Why HRIS Integration Is a Key Feature of Case Management Software
What is HRIS integration? Learn why this is an essential feature of HR case management software.
In today’s fast-paced, evolving business environment, HR teams have to handle a wide array of tasks, including employee onboarding, benefits administration, performance management and case/investigation management. As these responsibilities grow, so does the need for efficient and integrated solutions.
To ease some of the burden from your HR team, look for a case management solution that features HRIS integration. An integrated HRIS system saves time and effort, in addition to reducing the risk of human error. Want to learn more? Keep reading to see why you should look for HRIS integration as a feature in your next workplace case management solution.
HRIS and Case Management Software: What’s the Difference?
Before delving into the benefits of integrating HRIS with case management software, let’s briefly outline the purpose of each system.
HRIS (Human Resources Information System): HRIS is a comprehensive software solution designed to streamline HR processes and manage employee data efficiently. It helps HR teams maintain accurate records, automate routine tasks and improve overall workforce management.
Case management software: Case management software like Case IQ is a specialized tool used to track, manage and prevent workplace issues and incidents, such as harassment, fraud, discrimination, health and safety accidents and other misconduct. It provides a structured framework to handle incidents and ensures compliance with relevant laws and consistent application of internal policies.
Not sure if case management software is the right fit?
Learn how it can help you protect your employees and your organization in our free buyer’s guide.Download Guide
The Benefits of HRIS Integration
When you integrate your organization’s HRIS system into your case management platform, the two systems work together to provide benefits including:
1) Improved Data Accuracy: HRIS integration ensures that employee information is consistent across all systems. This prevents data discrepancies and errors, reducing the likelihood of compliance violations, legal issues and confusion between departments. For example, an employee might change their name, address or job title. Having this information up to date in both systems ensures you know who you’re referencing in a case and an accurate picture of their history at the organization.
2) Streamlined Workflows: Integrating your systems simplifies HR processes by automating data transfer. This automation reduces manual data entry, saves time and eliminates the risk of data entry errors. HR team members have a lot of work to do, and any time they can save on tedious data entry can be put toward other tasks that require their skills.
3) Enhanced Reporting: HRIS integration with your case management system will also improve your data quality and analytics. With a platform like Case IQ, your team can generate easy to read reports based on case data, making it easier to identify trends and areas for improvement.
With Case IQ’s configurable platform, you’ll experience more efficient, consistent & data-driven case management.
Learn how in our free eBook, “Reporting with Case IQ.”Get the eBook
4) Compliance and Audit Readiness: Organizations must adhere to laws and regulations at the state, federal and local level; keeping track of all the requirements can be daunting! An integrated system ensures that your HR department can easily access historical case records, including supporting documentation, evidence and an activity log, simplifying compliance efforts and audits.
5) Accessibility and Collaboration: HR teams often have to collaborate with other departments, such as legal, compliance, IT and security, when managing employee cases. Integrating your HRIS and case management system facilitates seamless communication and data sharing between departments, enhancing cross-functional collaboration. Case IQ’s secure all-in-one platform lets you set access by user, so collaborators work right in the software without compromising any sensitive information.
6) Real-time Updates: Hate waiting for updates from team members? HRIS integration allows for real-time updates on case statuses in your case management system. This transparency helps HR teams, managers and employees involved in cases and other stakeholders stay informed about ongoing investigations, reducing uncertainty and frustration.
Don’t Forget LMS
Many HR teams also use an LMS (Learning Management System) to create, deliver, monitor and assess employee training modules. This is ideal for training topics that are required by law, such as health and safety (OSHA, nation-wide) or sexual harassment (states including NY, CT and CA).
LMS integration with your case management solution lets you see which employees are completing their trainings and when. Using tools like Case IQ’s data analysis, you can spot any patterns in departments or offices that score lower or fail to complete modules and focus your efforts there. You’ll improve compliance with employee training requirements while also creating a safer, more positive workplace.
Don't take our word for it.
Learn how Case IQ helped one company uses Case IQ’s reporting function to provide insight into operations, trends and risks and improve compliance.Read the Case Study
How Case IQ Can Help
Case IQ’s modern case management software integrates seamlessly with any HRIS system to leverage up-to-date employee and manager information, reducing the administrative burden on investigation staff.
To see how Case IQ can make your HR investigations more efficient and effective, schedule your demo here.